Dragon Age: Bad Company
As mentioned on the main page, this is meant to be a light-hearted, black-comedy style campaign. So most of these rules can probably summed up as “don’t be a dick”, as Wil Wheaton so nobly put it. But, here are the “official” rules so we can all see them, agree to them, and play by them.
- Racism, sexism, and other related -isms won’t be tolerated, I don’t really care how ‘in character’ it might be. Okay, Fereldan isn’t a bright and shiny land of happiness and fun times, and many people may not like Qunari or Elves or even Dwarves (for some reason), try to at least keep it under control. If it seems like it might be a problem, don’t say it. Don’t make me call you out on it, please.
- No politics, no religion. Unless your discussing the rule of King Mareth or the Chant of Light. Seriously, let’s not give ourselves an excuse to HATE one another.
- Don’t be a creeper. I shouldn’t have to explain this, but I’ll do it anyway just to be sure. Don’t hit on other PCs. Don’t hit on the NPCs for no good-god-damn reason. Stop trying to get the elf princess or pirate queen in the sack. Long story short, if it could be construed as erotic RP or something out of FATAL, don’t do it. Don’t be a creeper.
- Be on time. If you can’t be on time, let the GM know. But in general, BE ON TIME. Things come up, I know, but try to at least make this game a priority. Don’t forget that other people are looking forward to / adjusting their schedule for the game, and act accordingly.
- Don’t fight the GM. Since we’re using Skype, most tricky calls can be discussed a bit quickly, but usually I’ll try to make a decision as fast as possible to keep the game moving. Don’t fight me.
- Participate! Try to stay engaged with the game. Don’t have 50 other tabs going or be multitasking on your thesis while we play. This game isn’t exactly SRS BSNS, but if you’re not engaging in it, you’re really only cheating yourself out of that extra fun. Oh, also everyone else. Because god damn it, we NEED YOU.
- Work together. This ain’t PARANOIA. In general, you should be trying to work together as a team to win. That means planning together during combat, and not stabbing anyone in the back. If you want to play a total jackass, fine by me, but at least be a loyal jackass.
- Have Fun! Obviously.